JOIN OUR TEAM
Site Manager (UK & ROI)
Mannings Construction is seeking experienced Site Managers in the following locations to join our innovative and quality focused team.:
- Ireland – Cork, Dublin
- England – All Regions
- Northern Ireland
Successful candidates will be expected to establish excellent standards on-site from the outset to ensure projects are completed safely, on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards that clients of Mannings Group have come to expect.
The role will suit candidates who can adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor’s Scheme, positively managing community relations and ensuring site operations are organised and highly efficient, maintaining the company standards of excellence on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non-recoverable costs. He/She will monitor progress and work within the agreed budget.
The successful candidate must be capable of producing and developing project programmes and effectively controlling operations in order to achieve delivery of the project on time.
He/She will be expected to organise site operations and effectively manage the supply chain, providing an organised working environment which avoids disruption between trades.
Suitable candidates must be able to fully understand client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach. They should maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all project stakeholders.
The ability to maintain high standards of health, safety and environmental management throughout all stages of the project is crucial, and the successful candidate must be confident and comfortable with managing projects from pre-construction stage through to project handover, ensuring defect/snag free completion.
- Successfully deliver construction projects as a key member of the project operations team
- Understand, develop and effectively communicate programmes
- Managing the site supply chain, direct employees and consultants
- Proactively consult with clients, stakeholders and supply chain
- Manage site staff and the works of subcontractors
- Instruct the procurement team to ensure timely scheduling of materials
- Ensure all site operations are effectively planned, organised and implemented in an efficient manner in order to meet the agreed programme
- Prepare / Assist with the development of the construction programme
- Effectively monitor the programme throughout the duration of the works and flag potential slippages well in advance
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements/policies are adhered to
- Organise and control sites so that all works carried out are in line with the Safety Plan and as defined by the applicable regulations and legislation
- Ensure quality records are collated and maintained to meet PQP
- Ensure all site and statutory records including daily diaries, inductions, toolbox talks, permits etc, are completed on a daily basis and maintained in line with company standards
- Maintain all project information on SharePoint
- Produce weekly progress reports
- Resolve unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
- Consult with other function/departmental managers as appropriate
- Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate
- Maintain an understanding of relevant legislation
- Ensure project risks are proactively identified and managed/mitigated effectively and appropriately
- Notify your line manager of all risks and incorporate in detail on the Risk and Opportunities Register
- Mentor and develop staff and support them with role progression
- Maintain regular and appropriate Continual personal development (CPD) and mandatory Mannings’ Group Training
- Lead by example and follow the Mannings’ Group code of conduct
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and an excellent technical understanding of construction and building projects.
They must have the ability to read and accurately interpret programmes, drawings and technical specifications and be capable of prioritising and working to deadlines.
He/She must have excellent time management, organisational and leadership skills and be comfortable with providing advice, support and guidance to members of the project team.
Strong business management skills, excellent verbal communication skills, logical thinking and a good initiative are key skills required for this role.
A full clean driving licence is essential for this role.
A relevant technical qualification / Membership of a recognised professional institute